What is Smart Home Automation?
Smart home automation integrates virtually all the technology in your home into one easy-to-use system, allowing you to remotely control a range of appliances and devices in your residential space, indoor and outdoor.
A smart home always keeps you in the know and in control whether you’re in the next room or across the world, allowing you to tap into high-tech functionality and convenience that simply wasn’t possible in the past. It’s about taking your lifestyle to the next level, using technology to deliver the ultimate comfort, safety, efficiency and security in your home.
How does Smart Home Automation work?
Smart home or home automation involves linking all electronic appliances, systems and devices through a central smart home operating system, allowing them to work seamlessly together. The system syncs to your preferred internet-enabled device — smartphone, tablet, laptop, keypad or touch screen panel — so you can monitor and control them remotely.
You can access every home automation feature conveniently at the touch of a button using a single app on just about any internet-enabled device, or via voice command on devices like Google Home Assistant, Amazon Alexa and Apple Home kit.
A smart home offers convenience and safety — and it can be customised, built around your personal preferences, needs and budget. The possibilities in creating a smart home are endless, and it’s highly personalised. You have the choice to integrate as little or as much as you want — keep it simple with light control or go all the way and connect a range of different devices.
”Live smart. Take technology to the next level.Coastal Connectionsyour smart home automation experts.
The Purpose of a Smart Home Automation System
There are very practical advantages to smart home automation. The intention is to streamline how your home functions. Consider some of these benefits:
- Remote access and full control: Home automation enables full control throughout your home via a mobile app available for your internet-enabled device, no matter where you are.
- Managing all your home devices from one place, using one app. Being able to keep all the technology in your home connected through one interface is a significant step forward for home management.
- Comfort and convenience: Home automation makes your home a more comfortable, liveable space. Program appliances and devices to turn on automatically at certain times or access their settings remotely from anywhere via an internet connection.
- Personalisation: You can co-ordinate each element in the system to automatically respond to your preferences. With touch screen, keypad, voice and app access, you can create a smart home that’s uniquely yours.
- Increased safety: Keeping your home and family safe is much easier with smart home technology. Dangers such as water leaks, fires and carbon monoxide leaks can easily be detected and prevented.
- Maximising home security. With home automation, all physical security measures in your home are connected so you can activate them from one mobile device and monitor activities in real-time wherever you are.
- Increased energy efficiency: Home automation allows you to be more mindful of your power usage. For example, it offers the potential to save energy and money with programmed, automated HVAC systems. Lights and other appliances can also be powered down when not in use.
- Flexibility for new devices and appliances. Smart home systems tend to be extremely flexible when it comes to the accommodation of new devices and appliances and other technology. These can be integrated seamlessly, and it allows you to keep upgrading to the latest lifestyle technology.
- Improved appliance functionality. Connecting your appliances and other systems with automation technology will improve your appliance effectiveness and make your home life more enjoyable overall.
- Home management insights. You can tap into data and insights on how your home operates. You can analyse your daily habits and behaviours and make adjustments to live the lifestyle you desire.
What features are available through home automation systems?
Home automation systems offer a variety of services and functions. As technology development continues to expand, so will the possibilities for home automation to make life easier and more enjoyable.
Some of the more common features available through these platforms include:
· Fire and carbon monoxide monitoring
· Integration with audio visual systems
· Remote lighting control
· Thermostat control
· Blind and shutter control
· Appliance control
· Gate and garage door control
· Irrigation systems
· Security systems and cameras
· Live video surveillance
· Alarm systems
· Real-time text and email alerts
· Digital personal assistant integration
· Keyless entry
· Voice-activated control
· Leak and flooding detection
Automating your home gives you the ability to control and centralise all the electrical and mechanical systems within your home to make life simpler. If you want to turn your house into a smart home, consider a home automation system designed and installed by Coastal Connections. Contact us today on 09 303 0603.